Located in the Fairplay Wine Region of the scenic Sierra Foothills in El Dorado County, our ridge top vineyard has outstanding views in all directions. We have a diverse collection of hand crafted wines that are made from grapes grown on the estate. We have something for everyone’s palate, including a California Champagne, 3 white wines, a Rosé, 5 red wines and a Port.
Reservations are required. Please RSVP by calling 530 723 2879 or emailing email@example.com
- Club Lunch – Saturday February 3rd
- Valentine’s Day Weekend Chocolate and Wine Pairing – Saturday February 10th
- Winemaker for the Day Blending Seminars – March 3rd, 10th, 17th, 24th, and 31st from noon until 4 p.m. Some spots have opened up so if you are interested in joining this fun event please call the winery for availability.
- Gwinllan Estate Anniversary Celebration – Saturday April 14th
- El Dorado Winery Association Passport Event – April 21st-22nd and 28th-29th
- Mother’s Day Brunch and Champagne release– Sunday May 13th
- Club Lunch – Saturday May 19th
- 2015 Teulu Release Party – Saturday May 26th
- Paella on the Patio – Saturday June 16th
- Fire, Food and Fun – Saturday June 23rd
New wine releases
2013 Zinfandel, Silver medal winner.
2012 Cabernet Sauvignon, Multiple Gold Medal Winner.
2014 Malbec, great berry flavors.
2015 Grenache Rosé ” Fantôme”, A dry Rosé made in the Provence style that is very light and fruity.
2016 Dry Riesling
Coming soon our 2013 Cabernet Sauvignon and 2016 Blanc de Blancs and Rosé Champagnes.
2012 Cabernet Sauvignon – Gold Medal Winner Orange County Fair 2017, Gold Medal Winner El Dorado County Fair 2017
2012 Petite Sirah – Gold Medal Winner Orange County Fair 2017
2013 Zinfandel – Silver Medal Winner Orange County Fair 2017.
2014 Blanc de Blanc California Champagne, Méthode Champenoise – Best in class Premium Sparking Wine – Orange County Fair 2016. OC Best in class awards
2013 Teulu (Malbec) Double Gold Medal Winner San Francisco Chronicle commercial wine contest 2016. Delightful strong berry flavors.
2012 Zinfandel – Double Gold, Best in Class, Herbert Memorial award – El Dorado County Fair 2016.
2012 Winemaker’s Selection, Rhone blend – Gold Medal – El Dorado County Fair 2016.
2010 Zinfandel – Gold medal San Francisco Chronicle Commercial Wine Competition
2011 Cabernet Sauvignon – Double Gold El Dorado County Fair Commercial Wine Competition
2010 Petite Sirah -Gold medal Orange County Commercial Wine Competition
2010 Zinfandel El Dorado County Fair 2014 Double Gold-, Gold 2011 Cabernet Sauvignon
2009 Zinfandel El Dorado County Fair Double Gold, Best in Class, Frank Herbert Memorial Award, Gold 2009 Winemaker’s Selection
Read about us:
Financial Times London article The Next Napa by Graham Boynton
Sacramento Bee article Gwinllan makes a statement in the Foothills by Mike Dunne
We serve our Estate wines Friday, Saturday and Sunday from 11am to 5pm. Enjoy the wines and great views.
You can read more about us, and our wines in the blog as well as browsing some pictures in our gallery. If you’d like to get in touch please visit our contact us page.